Saturday 15 May 2010

The Real Hustle

"The Real Hustle" the BBC3 show acting out scams and prop bets is my favourite show on that channel.

An episode which sticks in my mind was the one where the team left charity bags in an upmarket London street. When they collected these bags up they opened a fashion store and marketed it as "boutique" with prices to match!

I often wonder how many of the charity bags that land on my doorstep are part of a similar scheme. I bet there are a few.

A search on Google shows that there are two stores (1 in Edinburgh and 1 in Glasgow) popping up as featured when I search "second hand clothes Scotland".

If you had an eye for fashion you could collect up second hand clothes, sift out anything which could be considered retro and then sell online or via a shop. By looking at the sales data you could then create a new line mirroring the bestsellers.

If I could get enough space I would certainly start uplifting all the clothes items that frequently appear on Freecycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment