Sunday 27 November 2011

New Breed of Puzzles

   This would be quite hard to do on an individual basis but bear with me. If you go into ASDA or Tesco nowadays you'll see a pretty good selection of puzzle books. Now the majority of these will be Wordsearch, Crosswords and Sudoku because these are the ones that sell. To a lesser extent you'll find codebreakers, arrowtabs, kakuro and mixed puzzle.

   I think I know a 4th title that could sell as much as Wordsearch etc: Hidden Object.

   We've all played I Spy, and most of us will have played a "hidden object" type of game either on an Ipod/ Ipad or on a pub Itbox. They are addictive fun games.

   If I knew someone who had the IT know-how, I'd get them to knock together 50 images each containing 25 hidden objects. Send these files off to China after a bit of negotiation. From 5 mins on Ali Baba, I reckon you could get these printed and delivered back to you for less than 50c a pop. Full colour cover, B&W inside. Get yourseld down to the market and knock the 1000 you bought for £300 out at £1 a piece. Remember there is no VAT to pay on books. Split the profits with your IT chum.

   If this works then re-invest your profits and go bigger and better on round 2.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment