Thursday 29 December 2011

Backing the draw to a level win


   You often hear about people backing each Premier League team to draw until such time as the draw comes up. I myself have been tempted to do this on numerous occasions. Perhaps it is lucky that I haven't done it this year, where bu the 30th of December, Bolton Wanderers are yet to draw a game (P18 W4 L14).

   Here's the thing though: If I had backed every team to draw to make a level £100 each, would I still be in profit overall despite Bolton's long run? By my reckoning, you'd have to be putting £19.4k on your next bet. If you'd won £95 on every other English League team drawing then you'd currently be sitting on a pot of £8740.

   Also, is it now time to start backing Bolton to draw? Surely they can't go the whole season without one? Overall, are there more draws in the second half of the season or more in the first half?

   There are more questions than answers.

1 comment:

  1. And, come to think of it, what if bets were made on the 1-1 correct score rather than draw? I'm sure I read somewhere that it is always more profitable to bet the 1-1 score than the flat draw.

    ReplyDelete