Monday 27 February 2012

The Singing Handyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUURwZMpfFw

I came across “The Singing Handyman” for the first time on Saturday. Having got back to my Laptop and checked him out on Youtube etc, from what I can gather this geezer drives around London City Centre in an Old Fashioned Van, singing hits and blowing bubbles out of the side of the van. I must say that he did draw a crowd. I found myself reaching into my pocket to throw a quid in his bucket – but then I found out that he didn’t collect cash at all. It seems that the whole thing is just a publicity stunt for the handyman.co.uk website.


This got me thinking. If you had any fancy vehicle, such as an Ice Cream Van, Red Double Decker Bus – even a Hearse (in certain circumstances), and you wired it up with a Bubble Machine and a Karaoke system, you could hire yourself out for events (the Hearse would obviously be for Marilyn Manson concerts or something like that!)

Imagine how cool it would be to get a souped up Ice Cream Van to appear at a Kids Party. The Van could come down the street blowing bubbles and blaring out the Kid’s Favourite tune and then park up outside the party to present the Kids with a cone each. Or, you could time it for the van to do a drive past Wedding Venues singing the Bride and Groom’s favourite song.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment