Wednesday 29 February 2012

Using a "Buy Back" Website to acquire stock


  This guy was clever:

Here's how I get most of my inventory:
It's not book sales

It's not thrift stores

It's not department stores using an Android

It's not orders via wholesale
I get my inventory delivered to me directly from people's homes.
Sound too good to be true?
I own and operate a buyback site called BuybackMedia.com. Basically, I buy DVDs, CDs, and Games from people all over the US. Once they send them to me, I pay them, and then send the product to Amazon FBA.
The price offered is based on a percentage of Amazon's price. So, I'm guaranteed to make money on every transaction.

The only kicker is advertising. It normally costs money to get eyeballs to the site. I also pay an 18% licensing fee per item "bought back" to the software company behind my website.

Interested in getting your own buyback site?
You have a couple options:
1) Go to elance.com and hire a designer/programmer to make a website.
2) Make me an offer for Buyback Media. I'm considering selling the website. Obviously, I will be asking for a premium price since this is my primary source of inventory.


From my POV I think my area of speciality (Non Fiction books) might be too specific. Who knows? It may well be worth getting some quotes on Elance.

No comments:

Post a Comment