Sunday 18 March 2012

Cheltenham Success

   Fantastic success at the Cheltanham Gold Cup on Friday. Winner in the 3rd race with Brindisi Breeze at 8/1 returned me £180. Then I won the Placepot for 80p and got £503 back. On returning from the racing I checked Betfair to find that I'd made £189 on there. Nice stuff.

   The Betfair work was the best. Basically I went through all the ten year trends to rule out horses which I thought definitely wouldn't win. I then laid them at SP to a £100 liability. All in all I laid 40 to 50 horses on the last day of the Festival (so had a theoretical liability of £700) and they all duly obliged. In fact I'm sure only about 3 were even placed.

   This worked so well that I think I'm going to do it for all the big meetings where there is a lot of history and stats to work with. The next logical time to try would be the Grand National Meeting at Aintree, and also the Cambridgeshire meeting at Newmarket which is the traditional curtain raiser for the Flat season.


No comments:

Post a Comment