Sunday 11 March 2012

Moving House Calculations

   I must be one of the most boring men in the World. I've broken my forthcoming house move into various sums:


My mortgage is currently £573. I reckon we can rent our's out through an agent for £580. We'll therefore have to lay out £58 per month in agency fees. We'll be able to reduce our insurance from £35 Buildings and contents to £10. All of this gives a net result of - £26.

   Once we've moved our new place has 16 Solar panels so the Electricity bill is virtually nothing, bagging a saving of £40 per month. Also, as my wife is currently off on Maternity leave, we've decided to go down to one car. This could mean big savings. Apart from the £600 value of the car, on a monthly basis we're looking at saving £40 a month on insurance (I'm already a named driver on the other car) and another tenner on road tax.

   We've got possible further savings on our TV package as the Mrs says she'll be happy to look at cutting down from our current £68 (!) package.

   Overall I think that makes a saving of £64 per month on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment