Saturday 10 November 2012

Dominos are in my sights!

Hi,

   I have had very poor service from Dominos in Alloa today. I ordered 2 Pizzas to celebrate my wife's birthday. I ordered them online at 14:52 and requested a 17:00 delivery. At 17:31 the Pizzas had not arrived so I called the store. At first the staff member (Jason) said that no order had been received. After quoting my order number he seemed to find it. I was told that the driver had been despatched with my pizza but could not find my house. Is this not why phone numbers are put on the stickers? (I am an ex Dominos delivery driver myself). Jason told me that my Pizzas were going to be sent out with the next driver. Realising that it was now 17:35, I justifiably asked that new pizzas be cooked given that they would now be cold. Unbelievably, Jason needed to put me on hold to ask if this would be possible!! I would have thought that this was basic customer service seeing that I was no way at fault. Very poor. It seems the staff in Alloa don't have a very good understanding of basic customer service principles.
   Moving on, during my 17:31 conversation, Jason said that my Pizza would be sent out with the next available driver. At 18:34 I called back to the store. On this occasion I did not catch the Staff member's name. He said that another driver had been sent out and this driver also could not find my house (note that I have had two deliveries from Alloa Dominos in the last few months). I asked why on Earth the driver had not called me for directions and the staff member said that this should have happened. I said not to bother with my Pizzas now as I would be going elsewhere. When I asked how to get my money refunded I was asked to call back to the store! Once again poor customer service - I am paying for phone calls when I am the one who has been poorly treated.
   Very, very poor Dominos. All these errors indicate poor staff training and a very low level of basic customer service. 90% of success for a takeaway is just turning up!
   In order to rectify this situation I would like a letter of apology from the store, my money re-imbursed from my order tonight (£14.99 or thereabouts) and vouchers to use on my next visit.

Kind regards,

Ross Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment