Saturday 27 July 2013

Seeking an Outcome Culture

   Long term readers will know the outcome I'm after. Imagine it - low outgoings combined with surplus income from investments mean that you can choose to spend your time as you like. Want to go for a 6 week tour of America? Fire in. Want to stay in bed until noon? Go for it. Fancy going back to University to study the History of Art? Fill your boots.

   The problem of course is that it is not as easy as it sounds! If I were a single man right now, having gained some maturity, I would cut out all the crap from my spending. On the other hand I am a married man with 3 kids and another on the way. All hell would break loose if I could rid of my TV. In light of this I need to do the best I can without causing a riot. Incremental actions are the way forward.

   Moving things forward incrementally is the answer to so many questions. Always remember that the way to eat an Elephant is bite by bite. To continue the Jerry Springer wisdom, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

   Despite my frustration and my constant worry I am actually a long way into my journey. I have businesses which provide me with ongoing residual income. I have property. My current residence is absolutely perfect for my aims. I have a lovely family who try their best to help me out. I live in the greatest country in the World - SCOTLAND!

   Over the next few posts I am going to spell out some steps that you could take if you want to follow in my footsteps or share the dream I have. I'll call these "Steps to Freedom". They might be nonsense. They most certainly will not be in any order BUT if I ever get round to it I can gather them all together and try to get some usable content out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment