Wednesday 1 August 2012

Jill You know your onions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzZD9NA90I&feature=related



Now my Tomatoes have bit the dust (Vicki didn't water them when I was in England) I'm down to Onions and Potatoes this year. Basically I just leave the potatoes alone. They seem to be growing everyday by themselves. I've bought another couple of bags for next year already. All being well I'd like to go daft and have dozens of bags on the go, all slightly staggered in terms of planting so that I can get a crop over a good few weeks.

On the onion side of things I've got 6 growing in a sq foot raised bed. 4 in the Growbag (haunted by the ghost of the tomatoes) and about half a dozen more in individual pots. I'm interested to see which ones get on best.

I've also made, and drank, a second batch of Ginger Beer. I'm making the third batch now. I'm going to put a little less sugar in the final mix solution this time. 600g for 4l of juice sounds loads. I've wrote an email to a Ginger Beer expert to find out how long the Yeast will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment