Friday 22 March 2013

Review: The Fast Diet

   This was a funny book. Don't get me wrong, the concept is good and most probably scientifically sound. Go onto Youtube and you'll find hundreds of videos promoting Intermittent Fasting going back to 2006. The problem with the book is that it is so formulaic:

1) Introduction - Who am I etc.
2) The Science blurb
3) The experience of doing the diet
4) Recipes
5) Comments from Social Media

I'm not trying to be funny but you could probably write a book akin to this yourself with a little outsourcing. Go on Twitter and search for New Diet. I did this just now and found the "UMF Diet" (which I've never heard of before in my life).

I could then outsource someone to write a couple of thousand words on the subject of dieting.How they felt extra. With a couple of small changes that experience could be applied to any diet.

With the Science blurb you'd just need to get up to your local University library or do a bit of searching online. Note that you are only writing a couple of paragraphs on research which backs up your diet (and there will be research which backs up every diet).

The recipes could be found online pretty easily and you could create the social media comments yourself.

In a nutshell The Fast Diet was very interesting BUT if you've read the back cover then you've read the whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment