Friday 5 October 2012

4HWW

   Long time readers will know that "The 4 Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss is one of my all-time favourite books. In the book Tim advocates the use of outsourcing as a means of using geo-arbitrage to free up time. I'll give you an example: Tim makes £20 per hour grinding poker but he needs to stop for an hour each week to type up a report. If Tim can outsource the writing of that report for anything less than £20 (and it can be done properly elsewhere) then it makes sense for him to outsource the task and carry on playing cards.
   In the book Tim recommends a company called "Your Man In India". I am going to try a little experiment with them. Here is an enquiry I've dropped to them today:

Hi,


please reply by email rather than call. I am looking for an Inventory report to be constructed using the information I provide. I would ideally like this report to contain some smart Infographics. If possible could I please see an example of a Sales report, Inventory Report and Infographic prepared by you guys?

Thanks in advance,

Ross

1 comment:

  1. No-one has came back to me from YMII so I am giving Brickworks, another Ferriss, recommendation, a try.

    ReplyDelete