Tuesday 16 October 2012

Perth Racecourse System

   A few months ago I mentioned that I thought that Perth Racecourse seemed to have less long odds winners than elsewhere. Here is what I found:

* Of the 40 checked Handicap races at Perth this season, only two had winners at odds of greater than 10/1. 2 of the 40 were odds on.

* Of the 27 checked Non Handicap races, only two had winners with odds of greater than 10/1. 3 of the 27 were odds on.

Earlier this year I won over £600 on the Cheltenham Friday Placepot by using Ten year trends. Races at Perth don't have the prestige to build up such a history but this may change and is worth monitorring.

I would say that if you stuck to horses in the EVS to 10/1 range in Handicaps at Perth you won't go far wrong. I'm guessing that Favourites don't have a great time of it at Perth but I can't confirm this.

That brings me to the second piont. When you search for UK football stats you can get a wealth of data within a few clicks. When you search for UK Horse racing stats you hit a tolbooth very quickly. A good site would be a free to view Horse Racing site perhaps focussing on the Scottish courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment