Saturday 29 December 2012

The best review I have seen on "The 4-Hour Chef"

From Amazon:

"I ordered this book having read the 4 hour body and expected something similar. But this book isn't similar to any other book I've read. First of all, you have the quality of the book itself. Plenty of beautiful, fun pictures, decent quality pages etc. I was surprised to see that the hardcover, when you remove the sleeve, has the exact same cover as the sleeve itself. However, most people don't buy books for the pictures, and let me assure you this book doesn't disappoint. The book is logical and the recipes seem easy to begin with. I didn't think that within a day of reading it I would be preparing a meal involving lamb shanks!

But one of the best things about this book is that it isn't just a cookbook. In my initial flick through, I learnt how to capture a pigeon in a park, the principles behind learning Spanish (or any other language), and how to memorise a deck of cards in a minute. Not yo' mama's cookbook!

I would definitely recommend this book. If there are any drawbacks whatsoever it might be that Tim's average audience earns an above average salary, and so to do everything as recommended you have to be willing to spend a few quid here and there.

Other than that, as I say, the book gets top marks for both content and presentation."

By the way I would agree with people who say not to buy this title on the Kindle. It is a beauty to behold - and needs to be appreciated in real life.

1 comment:

  1. Rocket Spanish: The Award Winning Product That Will Get You Speaking Spanish & Loving the Spanish Culture.

    (And the best thing is - it only takes minutes a day)

    ROCKET LANGUAGES was used by over 1.2 million people, like you, to learn a new language.

    ReplyDelete