Thursday 3 January 2013

I'm walkin, yes indeed, I'm talkin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpi040KbI88

Success!

I'm happy to announce that I hit the target of 365 miles of walks last year. The rules were it had to be a proper walk - shuffling round work, the house or shops didn't count.

I did roughly 117 miles around my little village, 31 miles in the Ochil Hills, 46 miles around Northampton (mostly the Racecourse), 29 miles at Gartmorn Dam and 17 miles around Edinburgh.

All good fun and 365 miles more than I would've done if I hadn't set myself that little challenge. Looking back over the diary I had so many Non-walking days that I know a much higher target would be possible.

In 2013 I've set the target of 400 miles but I may increase this on review. As well as clocking up the miles I'd also like to do more of the Ochils this year. In 2012 I only managed Dumyat, Myreton, Ben Cleuch and Dollar Law. This year I want to at least get The Nebit and a few more under my belt.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment