Monday 5 July 2010

Fight them till the Death........ (CSA)


Dear Sir/ Madam,
Further to your offer of an ex-gratia payment, I am writing to say that I am now suffering extreme financial hardship due to the errors of your organisation. It is now over a month since I pointed out (not for the first time) that I made direct child support payments in 2003 and 2004. The account breakdown you sent me had not included these payments. By my reckoning that made me c. £1800 ahead. Despite your admission of this I have still had a very large deduction from my wage packet on 31/5/10 and 30/6/10. These deductions have totaled more than £1000. I am afraid that in light of this I must be informed of how I can take this matter further. I feel that I have been a victim of theft. I cannot simply accept that "someone is doing their job". I am also deeply aggrieved by your method of “guilty until proven innocent” and lack of communication (I was not made aware of your intention to deduct over £500 from my wages until after it had actually happened).
In a nutshell, could you please advise me of the course of action I must take in order to initiate court proceedings for the return of my money? As mentioned, I am looking for:
1. The overpayment which your account breakdown itself indicated I have made.
2. The c. £1100 in deductions you have taken from me recently.
3. My £50 ex-gratia payment.

This is c. £3000 – enough debt for a small claims court to declare a person bankrupt. Given this sum I think it is only right that I receive a proper written reply in timely fashion. For too long I have put up with standard letters, which 9 times out of 10 are completely forgotten about or contradicted within a month.
Regards,

R.W. Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment