Sunday 4 July 2010

The Weekend of Death


When I finished work on Friday Afternoon things were looking on the up. Andy Murray's exit at Wimbledon had brought the Betfair fund over £1000 and I had good reason to believe that I'd break £1100 by the time I returned to work on Monday morning.

The end-result couldn't be further from that! First of all Sunshine was evicted from the Big Brother house despite all the polls saying she was the least likely of the 3 nominated to walk. This is the second time in a fortnight that this has happened which means that I'm really pissed off with myself for not learning my lessons.

Things picked up over Saturday and Sunday where I pulled back £65 via the remaining World Cup Quarter Finals and Rafael Nadal's victory in the Wimbledon singles.

The death knell came up tonight though when, in a rush of blood, I backed under 4.5 goals in a Norwegian game (what was I thinking?), only to see the game end 4-1.

All in all I'm down £500 this weekend. A real shocker.

I really need to start sticking to my own rules. The Betfair fund is for in-play football bets only. And only when I have live coverage of the game via radio or TV.

The next stage of the Fund starts tomorrow. I've lost this battle - I just need to make sure I win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment