Thursday 15 July 2010

If the government wants to save money, why don't they just scrap the CSA?


The CSA is an unnecessary organisation. If it didn't exist, 95% of maintenance would go ahead as normal. The other 5% could get sorted out through the court system, which is what I assume must have happened before the CSA existed. Legal Aid is there to ensure that the needy get the help they need to stop bully boys.

I hate the CSA. I appreciate that I have to pay child maintenance - that's not a problem. I hate the fact that a) they constantly get it wrong and b) they can take money straight out your wages without telling you, or justifying it. Scum.

Here's my latest letter to them:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am extremely distressed by the letter I recently received from the CSA (ref. above). Your letter states that I have overpaid by:

£69.20
+59.97
+£36.90
= £166.07

This is extremely different from the overpayment I calculated from the account breakdown you previously sent.

Let's look at the evidence:

13/3/10 - ref. SNE FAL DE EMPL1

CSA tell me I have arrears of £396.24

15/3/10 - ref. 0807325304

CSA tell me I must pay £31 per week

* If we follow this through then I would be due the CSA £396.24 + £551 (17 x £31) -

£551
+396.24
=£947.24

but then from this you would have to deduct the two amounts which have been taken from my wages over the last two months. These payments came to £1100. This brings me to -

£152.76 credit

Furthermore, the CSA have previously written to me to confirm that I made payments of £200pcm to my exwife from 2003 to 2004. These payments would bring another £2400 to my account bringing the total to:

£2552.76 credit

It is becoming more and more obvious to me that your whole organisation doesn't have a clue what it is doing. You really do seem to just make it up as you go along!

I think the time has come when I need to meet my caseworker face to face to ensure an end to this absolutely diabolical service.

R Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment