Monday 7 June 2010

Complaining to Belhaven Pubs


I had a bad experience at "The Old Brewery", Alloa, so thought I'd put my Victor Meldrew hat on:

Good Morning,

I had a very bad experience at The Old Brewery, Alloa on 22/5/2010. On the afternoon of that date I visited the pub with my Mum and my Gran for a bar lunch. I ordered Steak Pie whilst my Mum and my Gran ordered Baked Potatoes. I paid using my card. Whilst at the till the staff member asked me about the side orders of the Baked Potatoes. After waiting a considerable time my Mum asked a staff member if our meal was coming. The staff member obliged us and came back with my meal and my Gran's meal but with nothing for my mum. When we enquired as to this we were told that I had only ordered one Baked potato. I complained about this, and after a few minutes a Gentleman, who I assumed was the Duty Manager, came to the table with a receipt showing that I had only paid c. £21 - which would have been the case if I had only ordered one Baked Potato. This explanation satisfied me to a certain extent at the time. However I am absolutely fuming today as my bank statement shows that I was actually charged £27.70. This therefore says to me that the Duty Manager was lying through his teeth on my visit. It seems that he was trying to cover his tracks by printing out a fake receipt. I am shocked by this behaviour and will not be using the Old Brewery again. Could someone please contact me in regard to refunding my visit?

Kind regards,

Ross W. Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment