Tuesday 18 May 2010

Ebay Easy Money

I've mentioned in the last couple of posts that I'm banned from Ebay at the moment. The circumstances which led to this were profitable albeit slightly dubious.

I listed a number of high-ticket electrical items on Ebay such as Ipods, TV's, X-box's etc. I made all these listings in the Information section and entitles them: "Find out how to get an X-box for a bargain price". As far as I could see I had followed Ebay rules. In my eyes I was selling information rather than the item itself. When anyone sent me an email enquiry I told them as such.

Nonetheless a large number of people paid high prices for this information, undoubtably thinking they were going to receive a widescreen TV for some riduculously small price.

In a 3 week period I sold £1500 worth on Ebay and received about £900 of that in. Ebay took £200 worth of fees leaving me with about £700.

Very quickly the complaints and negative feedback piled up as people began to realise that all they had bought was information. I fought Paypal and Ebay to ensure that refunds were not paid.

Eventually Ebay said they wished to close my account, which I agreed to. The annoying thing is that Ebay are chasing me for unpaid fees even though my account was cleared when they closed it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment