Thursday 20 May 2010

Sophie and The Wizard of Oz


I've had too much time on my hands today so I've ended up putting the cart before the horse and finalising the Wizard of Oz book with Sophie as the winner. It is now live on Lulu.com with a £4.95 price tag, and I've paid the £15 to get it listed on Amazon etc.

I set up a Facebook page as Sophie yesterday evening and made about 500 friend requests to anyone who had a remotely Welsh name. There is now 300 friends on the page but the natives are restless as it is pretty obvious that it isn't Sophie "behind the curtain" - to put a Dorothy spin on things.

I'll be surprised if I get any sales of the back of this, but the experience of going straight through a project on Lulu has been worthwhile.

For my next project I may well give "Createspace" a try. From community posts it seems that this site gives an easier access onto Amazon listings, which is where you want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Ended up with 500 friends. I posted the link to the book on all of their walls before closing the account. No sales to date!

    ReplyDelete