Wednesday 19 May 2010

I'll be "over the rainbow" if this one works.......


I like Google News Alerts. I get themn for a large number of keywords, all relating in some vague way, to different irons I have in the fire.

Today I received an alert regarding a news article on a film that Drew Barrymore (of all people) is going to direct next year. It is going to be some sort of Wizard of Oz remake.Tucked away in the text was the information that all of Frank L Baum's 14 Wizard of Oz stories are well out of copyright having been written way back in the very early 20th C.

Over the Rainbow is a British television talent series which began on BBC One in March 2010. The show is also broadcast on TV3 in Ireland on Sunday evenings at 6pm with the results at 8pm. At the moment we are down to 3 contestants, with the likely winner to be between Redhead Sophie Evans and Danielle Hope.

I've mashed these two together by downloading "Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz" from Project Gutenberg, juggling it around so that it is in A5 with normal paperback margins and then using auto-replace to switch "Dorothy" for Sophie/ Danielle whenever it appears in the text (258 times).

My idea is that once the winner is declared on Saturday night I can get a final pdf sorted out, purchase a suitable photo from Rex Features/ Mr Papparazzi and then get the book released via Lulu.com.

I'll report back here if there are any hitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment