Sunday 16 May 2010

Unauthorised Biographies

I've just finished reading the Alexandra Burke Unauthorised Biography by Chas Newkey-Burden. Allow me to say first and foremost that I have no interest whatsoever in the X-Factor other than as a moneymaking event!

The book interested me in that it must have been brought out relatively quickly after her success and secondly I don't believe there is anything in it whatsoever that couldn't be gleaned from either (i) the shows themselves, (ii) the tabloids whilst the show is running, (iii) wikipedia, and (iv) the blogosphere.

I want to pick up the mantle and see if I can go one better this year. I've already emailed ITV to see when the X Factor is due to start but they replied to say that they've not set an official date yet. My plan of action is to keep all the programs (+ the Xtra Factor) on Sky Plus, keep all the mags and newspapers throughout the series and get google alerts for any mentions of the prog.

I'm hoping I can quickly patch this together when a favourite becomes clear with the view of releasing a paperback before Christmas!

A tall order but let's have a go.

One of my main tasks between now and then (7 months hence) will be to build up a promotional campaign so that people actually know there is going to be a book out.

No comments:

Post a Comment